what you’ll learn
- An advanced practical skills in defeating all online threats – advanced hackers, trackers, malware and all Internet nastiness including mitigating government spying and mass surveillance.
- Become a cyber security specialist.
- The very latest up-to-date information and methods.
- We cover operating system security, privacy, and patching – On Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, MacOS and Linux.
- Explore the threat landscape – Darkness, dark markets, zero day vulnerabilities, exploit kits, malware, phishing and much more.
- You will master encryption in an easy to follow crash course.
- Go in-depth into security through physical and virtual isolation and compartmentalization. Covering sandboxes, application isolation, virtual machines, Who nix and Qubes OS.
- You will learn about nation state secret tracking and hacking infrastructure.
- A certificate of completion is available signed by the instructor Nathan House so CPE credits can be claimed. An off-site sign-up is required to provide your details for this optional certificate.
- A basic understanding of using operating systems, networks, and the Internet. Be able to download and install the software. A willingness to learn.
- Please note this is Volume 1 of 4 of the complete course. After the completion of all 4 volumes, you will know more than 80% of security professionals, government and law enforcement agents and even expert hackers about maintaining security, privacy, and anonymity.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to become an expert in security, privacy, and anonymity. This volume covers the required foundation building blocks of that skillset.
- For anyone who would love to gain a practical skillset in mitigating the risk from, malware, Trojans, hackers, tracker, cyber criminals and all online threats.
- This course is for anyone who wants to keep their precious files, emails, accounts and personal information out of the hands of the bad guys.
- For beginners and intermediate Internet users who are interested in security, safety, and privacy.
- For those who want privacy and anonymity online from hackers, corporations and governments.
- This course is designed for personal and home Internet security, privacy, and anonymity. Most of the topics apply in the same way to a business, but the course is delivered as if to an individual for personal Internet security, privacy and anonymity.
- Lectures 28
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Studies In Networking And Programming 4
module provides brush up to basic cyber security requirement of programming such as C, C+,C++, Java and PHP. and introduction to networking
Principles Of Software Engineering 4
Important Software engineering principles like Separation of Concerns, Modularity, Abstraction, Anticipation of Change, Generality, Consistency etc will be covered and their importance in cyber security will be shown
Criminal Justice 4
This is a brief and basic introduction to cybercrime and electronic evidence .The Module introduces the main themes, threats, challenges and conundrums posed by this most modern of crime phenomena and explores some of the solutions adopted by criminal justice to try to cope with them.
Learn important mathematic skills such as algebra, Boolean Values, Complex Numbers, Cryptography etc which are important for a cyber security expert to know.
Technical Writing 4
This module will develop technical writing skills necessary to communicate information gained through a process of technical work necessary for cyber security. The course highlights the factors that determine the degree of technicality of the language and concepts involved. You will learn how to write technical reports that are necessary to learn.
Computer Forensics 4
In this module you will learn the basic concepts of Access Control & Intrusion Detection, Securities for VPN & Next Generation Technologies, Server Management And Firewalls. Computer forensics is the application of investigation and analysis techniques to gather and preserve evidence from a particular computing device in a way that is suitable for presentation in a court of law. The goal of computer forensics is to perform a structured investigation while maintaining a documented chain of evidence to find out exactly what happened on a computing device and who was responsible for it.
Network Security 4
This module includes the basics of network and scanning techniques. You will learn to search hosts and find open ports and services in a network. You will also learn the most important attacks on networks such as dos attacks, gaining access attacks, exploitation attacks, and post exploitation attacks. Finally, the course will teach you techniques you can use to defend networks with firewalls, IDS, IPS, and other network security devices. At the end of this course, you’ll have a practical knowledge of the ways in which hackers can infiltrate a network over the Internet and will be familiar with tools such as nmap, Wireshark, and Metasploit